The Year 5 Team would like to welcome you and your child to Year 5. We hope that your child will have a happy, fulfilling year, and that they will take full advantage of the rich, exciting learning opportunities that are offered.
If you have any concerns about your child, please do not hestitate to contact the class teacher before it becomes a problem. We believe school and home are a partnership and that working together is in the child's best interest.
We are passionate about every child enjoying their learning and achieving their true potential and so our Curriculum Intent underpin all of the learning that takes place in our school.
At Falcon Junior School, we provide a safe, encouraging and engaging learning environment that enables all children to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes to make the most of their lives, now and in the future.
Our curriculum puts the child at the centre of our nurturing and achieving school, where positive relationships, based on mutual respect are at the heart of everything we do. Our ambitious curriculum follows the Primary National Curriculum. It exposes our children to enriching experiences, building progressive knowledge and skills and equipping them with the personal characteristics required to succeed in life. Our values of kindness, respect, creativity, positivity, aspiration and resilience underpin all aspects of our curriculum and school life.
The key principles and drivers behind the design of our curriculum are for our children to:
- be confident, independent and resilient; and to work hard at areas they find challenging.
- show empathy and compassion and to value diversity and equality.
- achieve academically across the entire curriculum, building on prior learning and developing knowledge, skills and vocabulary to make progress.
- be culturally knowledgeable about our local context, our country, and our world.
- be aspirational and know the importance of hard work and determination.
- be well prepared for secondary school, both academically and personally.
Autumn Term 1:
Autumn Term 2:
Spring Term 1
Spring Term 2:
Summer Term 1:
Summer Term 2: