School governors are volunteers who play an important role in leading schools.
The main task of a school governor is to think and to question. Governors set the school’s strategic vision and direction, approve the budget and hold the senior leadership team to account.
More information about the governor’s role and how to volunteer is available here:
- 6 Parent Governors, elected by the parents of the children in the school.
- 1 Head Teacher Governor.
- 1 Authority Governor, appointed by the Local County Council.
- 8 Co-opted governors, elected by the Full Governing Board.
Additionally, the Governing Board may appoint Associate Members of the Governing Board. Currently, there are no Associate Members.
Currently there are:
- Governor vacancies - two:- 1 parent governor, 1 co-opted governor
- Governors with governance roles in other educational institutions - five: Matthew Cubitt, Helen Hart, Edward Savage, Simon Stokes, Isabel Stubbs
- Governors with relevant business and/or pecuniary interests - none
- Governors with material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff - none
- Governors with low attendance - none
Click here for GOV.UK which holds further information about our Governors.
Our Full Governing Board meets every half-term and is chaired by Alex McAnulty
Our Governing Board has established the following two committees, each of which meets once a term:
- Personnel and Resources, chaired by Ian Carman
- Curriculum, Performance and Community, chaired by Helen Hart
Our latest governance statement (November 2021) is available here: Annual governance statement
Other documents to download
How to get in touch
If you are interested in becoming a school governor at Falcon Junior School, or you wish to raise a matter with the governing board, please contact our Chair of Governors, Alex McAnulty via the school office.