Falcon Junior School is a LEA Maintained School for children between the ages of 7 and 11. Currently there are 330 children on roll, arranged as following:
Year 6 (3 single aged classes)
Year 5 (3 single aged classes)
Year 4 (3 single aged classes)
Year 3 (4 single aged classes)
At present, the main building includes an office, staff room, hall, studio, 13 classrooms, music room, kitchen, technology, science and the newly refurbished Media Suite containing a state of the art computer suite and library.
The school also has two playgrounds (one upper, one lower), a large field area used for PE, Games and after school sports matches and a Multi Use Games Area which is used at break and lunch times and for training both FJS children in after school clubs and by the local community of an evening.
Falcon Junior School provides a stimulating and purposeful learning environment in which the children develop their full potential both in their relationships with others and in the knowledge, understanding and skills required to live happy and fulfilling lives now and in the future.
- A welcoming, caring, happy and secure school community is maintained which responds quickly to the children’s personal and social needs.
- The children are safe from maltreatment, neglect, injury, bullying, discrimination and anti-social behaviour.
- The children enjoy good physical and emotional health and have healthy lifestyles.
- There is equal regard and opportunity for all children together with an awareness of individual needs.
- All children feel valued, have high self esteem, enjoy their time at school and do their best in all activities.
- The school, parents and local community work together in providing the best possible learning experiences for the children.
- A well balanced and broadly based education is provided which promotes spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development.
- The children take full advantage of the opportunities offered, enjoy problem solving and feel a sense of personal achievement every day.
- The children develop a love for learning.
- The children operate as independent thinkers and learners.
- There is high participation and involvement for all and the children support the community by taking responsibility, behaving well and maintaining good relationships.
- High academic standards are achieved in all areas of the curriculum
- Happiness and enjoyment
- Hard work and perseverance
- Team, school and community spirit
- Respect and tolerance
- Honesty, fairness and trustworthiness
- Politeness and kindness
- Self discipline and personal responsibility
- Sensitivity to the needs, feelings, cultural traditions, customs and beliefs of others