School governors are people from the school’s wider community who wish to make a positive contribution to the children’s education.
- setting strategic direction;
- ensuring accountability;
- monitoring and evaluating school performance.
The Governing body is made up of the following:
- 6 Parent Governors, elected by the parents of the children in the school.
- 1 Head Teacher Governor.
- 1 Authority Governor, appointed by the Local County Council.
- 8 Co-opted governors, elected by the Full Governing Body.
Currently there are:
- Governor vacancies - 2 parent, 1 co-opted
- Governors with governance roles in other educational institutions - 2: Rev Stokes and Mrs Stubbs
- Governors with relevant business and/or pecuniary interests - none
- Governors with material intersts arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff - none
- Governors with low attendance - none
Click here for Edubase which holds further information about our Governors. (EduBase is a register of educational establishments in England and Wales, maintained by the Department for Education. It provides information on establishments providing compulsory, higher and further education).